It is a proven fact that creating a fear of missing out on an offer/opportunity in your store visitors’ minds can boost your sales. It is because you make people act faster by creating a sense of urgency. Countdown timers, especially on your product or cart pages, works best in this regard. If you are a new Shopify owner looking for a good theme or looking to change your Shopify store’s current flavor, you might want to look at having countdown timers on your store.
Here in this space, I am listing down some of the top Shopify themes that come integrated with countdown timers. Note that using an external Shopify timer app can have severe effects on your store performance, and yes, that a FACT! Additionally, most Countdown timer apps come at the cost of around 40-100$ per year. With countdown timer integrated themes, you get it forever without any fees.
Top Shopify themes/templates with Countdown timers integrated
1. Plak Theme
Plak is a premium Shopify theme built by its developers for performance and conversion. The theme, loaded with proven features that help you create a selling machine with ease. Plak theme offers simple, minimalistic store design templates to help you focus more on store conversion. Features include –
- Clean, mobile responsive design
- Plak theme is performance-friendly due to already integrated features that minimize the usage of apps in your store. The theme also comes with lazy loading features for enhanced page loading speeds.
Houses conversion enhancing features – countdown timers (both on product and cart pages), robust mega menu, product labels, sticky add-to-cart, exit & sales popups, trust badges, inventory quantity, size charts, pagination options, delivery estimator, product tabs, quick view fancy box, blurry coupon section, swatches and many more.
- SEO friendly design
- Supports pre-orders
- Dynamic and static FREE shipping bar which automatically updates when items are added to the cart
- Developers of the Plak theme are among the handful that offers 7×7, FREE lifetime support, and they promise a 14-day money guarantee if the template is not the ideal one for your store.
- Plak is the only theme to translate the theme editor into five different languages – English, French, Arabic, Spanish, and German.
2. Sly Theme
Sly Shopify theme is a new entrant in the market launched in 2020. Although new, its popularity among the Shopify store owners is burgeoning each passing day. It is probably the only theme specifically designed to cater to the requirements of a single product Shopify store that includes a superior range of conversion-friendly features. They include –
- Mobile responsive, clean, and minimalistic design
- Designed for one product Shopify stores
- Superior page loading speeds – scores a near-perfect score of 99% on PageSpeed on GTMetrix. The Sly theme also includes a lazy-loading feature, which comes in various effects.
- Conversion superiority – minimalistic & clean design, multiple slideshows, dynamic & static-free shipping bar, countdown timer, chat widgets (WhatsApp & Messenger), pricing table, trust badges, dynamic product pages, smart call-to-action, 28 different animation styles, delivery estimator, and many more.
- Developers of Sly theme promise a 14-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free purchase.
- Access to forum, knowledge base, services, and much more
Wokiee is a popular premium Shopify theme that has been rated as the best eCommerce theme for the year 2020 by Envato Tuts+. Wokiee is among the few Shopify themes in the market that showcases superiority in all aspects of a new online store – SEO, Performance, Conversion, and Customization. Some of the striking features of Wokiee that you should have a look into include –
- Fully mobile responsive design
- Highly customization friendly supported by a wide range of configuration features – 2 different mobile header variants, 99+ content blocks, fast product configuration, 75+ niche-specific prebuilt home page layouts, hundreds of amazing skins, eight layout options for shop and product pages each, 10+ header variants, multiple banner sections, five blog variants and many more.
- Wokiee theme also includes a variety of layouts for single product Shopify stores.
- Designed to give your Shopify store a conversion boost, includes – 3D model, AR and videos on product pages, advanced mega menu, Instagram shop, sales notifications, powerful filters, quick view, product compare, wishlist, countdown timer, sticky add-to-cart, dynamic checkout buttons, color/material/size swatches, powerful product filters, image lightbox on the product page and many more.
- Wokiee is compatible with product pre-orders as well.
- Designed for faster page loads – includes AJAX-based filters, search, load more and cart page, clean coding, no calls to external apps, etc. Wokiee scores as whopping 97% each on PageSpeed and YSlow scores.
- Other features include – Google rich snippet tool, custom pages, automatic image resize, RTL ready, slider revolution, multilanguage support (6 languages), advanced Shopify admin panel, etc.
4. Booster Theme
The booster theme comprises similar features available in the themes mentioned above. Designed based on the conversion optimization studies from the CXL institute, the Booster theme can help you achieve reasonable conversion rates on your Shopify store. Features include –
- Mobile responsive and SEO friendly design
- Designed to boost sales, includes features such as – social proof sales notification, product upsell popup, collection cross-sell, related product section, smart megamenu, promotion timer countdown, FREE + shipping optimization, GeoIP currency converter, discount on exit intent, optimized cart page, direct to checkout, etc.
- Booster theme is performance friendly; however, based on our testing, it still has some room for improvement (in comparison with the themes as mentioned above)
- The Booster theme is available in 10 different prominent languages. However, I feel that it has been missed on RTL languages.
Countdown timers on eCommerce stores can help you greatly in boosting your conversions. When such features come integrated with your Shopify themes, why spend on additional plugins/apps? Isn’t it?