The whole concept of Print On Demand is about offering your customers custom printed products. These products can be anything, from t-shirts, mugs, rugs, clothing, shoes, mobile covers, etc. Over the last decade, Print On Demand POD businesses has seen unprecedented growth, which, according to the experts, is going to continue.
Here in this space, you will learn about some of the features that you should look for and top themes that should help you create, manage, and grow your Print-On-Demand eCommerce business without much hassle.
Features of an ideal Shopify theme for Print-On-Demand DropShipping
If you have decided to go on with Print-On-Demand, it is important to know your next step – features that are essential to make your store a mean selling machine.
- Product display – Print On Demand is nothing but custom print jobs that require images of the product to be displayed clearly. If your store visitors can comprehend what they are getting in return for their order clearly, conversion rates are sure to get a boost. Hence, work on your images well. Make sure, if not all, at least a major chunk of the below features is available on your store.
- Large, clear images
- Promotional labeling
- Collection or related product carousels and sidebars
- Image zoom
- Product slideshows
- Descriptive product pages (size/color options, product specifications, shipping)
- Swatches – Material/Color/Size etc.
- Customer review options
- Variety of promotional spaces – If you have opted to dropship, you are sure to get access to a wide range of promotional materials. Make sure you have ample digital real estate on your store to tell your story perfectly.
- Higher conversion – It is well known that dropshipping provides you very little room to work no your margins. When such is the case, the only option to enhance your ROI is to reduce your customer acquisition costs, i.e., boost your conversion rate. For this reason, it becomes important for you to include a wide range of conversion enhancing features on your store – some of these features include – mega menu, responsive product filters, countdown timers, sale notifications, exit popups, etc.
- Mobile responsive – Irrespective of what you have to offer to your store visitors, this is a must for all new eCommerce stores.
6 FREE and Premium Shopify Themes for Print-On-Demand Ecommerce Store
Debut Shopify Theme –[FREE]
Debut is a FREE Shopify theme and is available on the theme store. Best suited for stores with small to medium product catalog size, Debut designed to perfectly showcase your products. Telling your product/brand story should be a piece of cake with the Debut Shopify theme.
Debut is fully mobile responsive and features a wide multiple product slide show on the home page. Available in two distinctive styling options, this theme fits perfectly for stores operating in almost all niches.
Features include – Easy integration with almost all Print on Demand service apps, Predictive search feature, Customer reviews, Multiple promotional spaces, Home page video, Product recommendation section, Powerful product filters, SEO friendly design, and much more.
Debut, Brookly, and Venture are all officially supported by Shopify, and they come with FREE theme upgrades and support.
2. Brooklyn – [FREE]
Brooklyn Shopify theme is very similar to the Debut theme and is best suited for stores that sell Fashion and apparel related products. This theme features a responsive, minimalistic design and is available in two styling options – Classic and Playful.
Some of Brooklyn’s striking features include Header slideshow, Dynamic product grid, Slide-out cart, Home page video, SEO friendly features, Customizable content sections, Dropdown navigation, etc.
Brooklyn Shopify theme is among the top-rated FREE Shopify themes on the theme store.
3. Venture – [FREE]
Designed for stores with medium to large product inventory, Venture is a FREE Shopify theme available in 3 amazing style options – Snowboard, Outdoor, and Boxing.
Features of this mobile responsive, awesome Shopify theme include – Multicolumn menu, Home page slide show, Multiple promotional banners, Powerful product filters, Section to promote single product/s, and more
Wokiee is a superstar Shopify theme and is among the top sold templates in the market. It can easily label the Wokiee theme as an all-rounder, for it offers superiority in the following fronts – customization, performance, and conversion. Loaded with various contemporary eCommerce capabilities, the Wokiee theme must check out for every Shopify eCommerce entrepreneur. Some of the other features of Wokiee include –
- Mobile responsive design with a wide range of design options
- Customization friendliness – 2 mobile headers, 99+ content blocks, 75+ home page layouts, 100+ amazing skins, eight shop page layouts, 8 product page layouts, 10+ header variants, two banner buttons, flexible banner section, 5+ blog variants, multiple custom pages, and many more.
- Performance friendliness – Wokiee scores a near-perfect 97% on PageSpeed and YSlow scores, which is pretty impressive.
- Conversion friendliness – includes powerful mega menu, Instagram shop feed, wishlist, a product comparison, a related product section, powerful filters, GDPR compliance, quick view, sale notification, special price countdown timer, etc.
- Other distinctive features include – 3D product model and video on the product page; AJAX-based product filters, cart page, search and load more button, sticky add-to-cart, dynamic checkouts, color/material/size swatches, multiple product filters, lightbox, pre-order feature, lookbook module, portfolio functionality, Wegot translate app support, Oberlo support, etc.
- Wokiee Shopify theme has been sold over 90K times and scores a perfect 5/5 on customer ratings (280+ ratings) – impressive, isn’t it?
- Wokiee has a separate layout for Single product Shopify stores
- SEO friendly design with Google rich snippet tool support
- Wokiee is among the top refined (in terms of updates and bug fixes) themes in the market today.
Shella is a multipurpose Shopify theme designed and built by the famed MPIthemes. The theme has an amazing UI/UX design and features a wide range of features that can give your eCommerce store a serious sales boost when utilized properly. The theme is fast, highly converting, and customization friendly. Features of the Shella Shopify theme that you may want to have a look into include –
- Fully mobile responsive and fits right on all modern screen sizes
- Best suited for stores with related fashion products
- Customization friendly – Shella theme features various customization and configuration options to help you create your dream eCommerce store. Some of these features include – 99+ pre-designed pages, a plethora of niche-specific skins, multiple headers & footer types, etc
- Supports awesome layouts for single product Shopify stores
- Features to enhance conversion include – built-in 3D models & videos, banners at product listing, filter blocks on collection pages, slider at collection pages, advanced mega menu, product swatches, lookbook, free shipping progress bar, quick view, stock countdown, price countdown, product compare, sticky add-to-cart, multicurrency at checkout page, current visitors, recently purchased, estimated delivery time, advanced product swatches, custom product tabs and many more.
- Shella Shopify theme supports Oberlo and most of Print On Demand service apps – Printify, Printful, Dropified, etc.
- Shella Shopify theme comes with a powerful home page builder using which you can create custom pages for your store with access to vital elements.
- The theme also includes infinite scroll on collection pages
- Shella scores a perfect 100% on PageSpeed and 93% on YSlow scores on GTMetrix
Lezada is a powerful, multi-purpose, minimalistic Shopify theme that best suits stores’ requirements with medium to large inventory. The theme features engaging home page features catering to almost all niches, including fashion, home décor, electronics, beauty, food & drinks, etc.
- Lezada is fully mobile responsive and fits perfectly well on varied screen sizes
- Includes 210+ home page layouts, 11+ revolution slider style, 5+ revolution banner, 40+ drag and drop sections, 10+ header styles, 6+ footer styles, wide variety of lookbook & category banners etc.
- Lezada features – powerful dropdown menu, mega menu, slick slider, featured product spaces, isotope filtering product, quick view, countdown timer, multiple currencies, custom tab, breadcrumb banner, etc.
- Includes lazy loading images
Target those themes that come with a wide variety of conversion enhancing features and with multiple promotional spaces. With the right marketing and imagery, complemented by superior performance, you have already won in the game of Print on Demand dropshipping business.