WordPress is a famous, easy to use and completely free platform to publish and manage your content online. It provides the users with a number of features and a sufficient amount of customization possibilities. The users can create any kind of website using WordPress regardless of the size of their business.
This Content Management System (CMS) is one of the perfect choices to gear up your business. Because of its user-friendly interface and easy to use features, over a million people worldwide are using this platform to develop their high-end websites. People who have worked with various CMS can vouch for the fact that there is no other CMS that provides the user with as many benefits as WordPress does. All these things being said, let’s get on to discuss in detail, a few more reasons why WordPress is considered to be the best CMS for all kinds of website requirements. For your convenience and easy understanding, this post has been divided into 7 subcategories, each of which tells us about the reason why WordPress is ideal for that particular category.
The first and the foremost advantage of using WordPress for your website is that even if you are a beginner and do not have much idea about website management, there will be absolutely no problem for you to learn and manage things.
- Universal platform: WordPress is used by people throughout the world and has a standard WordPress dashboard which helps people making it a universal platform to be used by anyone, anywhere. The functions provided are easy to understand and it comes with an abundance of themes, tools, plugins and other aids that help to make an attractive website.
- Easy to set up and use: One of the major reasons why WordPress is considered ideal for websites is that it provides an easy to create and use interface. Once you create your website, you will not need experts to manage it. While creating the website, it does not require any coding knowledge which acts as a plus point for many new users.
- Easy to Update and Manage: Updating the program does not require a lot of time and effort as when a new update is available, the notification pops out in the dashboard itself. Managing the website through the dashboard becomes fairly easy and efficient. The developers of WordPress are constantly working to create a better medium for you every day.
- Flexible and cost-effective: Unlike other CMS, WordPress allows you to choose from the widest range of themes and plugins that are available at affordable costs. It is very flexible as well as it allows you to create the perfect website even if you are looking to create a simple personal blog or a complete eCommerce website.
- Better Accessibility: WordPress allows you easy access across various platforms. Using free license server software, it allows you to download and install it on Windows or Linux servers. It uses HTML and CSS along with PHP making your site accessible to all browsers across all mobile devices.
- Improve time management: You can use WordPress without having to worry about wasting your precious time trying to edit, organize, track and manage your website. You can do this from a single place as WordPress has a centralized unit in its dashboard for all of these.
- Learning is simple: If you are a complete beginner at this, it would not take you more than a few hours to learn how to get through the whole process. There are various images, videos, and tutorials available for you to learn the process pretty quickly.
- Allows multiple users: WordPress is a great option for larger organizations as it serves them the best while keeping their sit up-to-date which would obviously require the help of multiple people. It provides the opportunity to the organizations to distribute the work among different individuals so that each one can focus on one particular segment. WordPress contains six default user roles- Administrator, Author, Editor, Contributor, and Subscriber so you have the right to decide which role to give to which user.
- Inexpensive: The cost of maintaining WordPress is not very high as the developers are constantly providing the users with new updates. You only need a few good plugins to maintain the site yourself. You can also choose to hire a digital agency in order to help you with Website maintenance and security services.
- Stability: As this CMS is used by millions of people worldwide, the developers are constantly on the lookout for any vulnerability that needs to be sorted on an urgent basis. Any malfunction or fault that is discovered is fixed quickly by the dedicated developers’ community leaving the users with a stable and safe platform where businesses can run smoothly and securely. With the constant updates in its software, WordPress has managed to stay far ahead of its competitors in terms of innovative technology and superiority.
- Efficiency: WordPress does not take more than 5 minutes to install thus allowing the users to build a website in less than a whole day. All that the users need to have is the relevant content and images to put up on the website. Moreover, the optimization and efficiency provided by WordPress is a major reason why it is the most loved CMS. Also, the flexibility and adaptive capacity can be customized by every user.
- Open Source: WordPress has open source software which means that the source code can be modified by anyone; anyone can build a new application or can improve any feature; this facility allows WordPress to become free software without any limitations for commercial usage and other restrictions.
2. Flexibility in design
With WordPress, you can select and choose designs that you like to create your own custom website. It offers you various themes and designs that can be used to create a website very diverse from other websites. Added to this, it provides you with an endless number of functions, features, and facilities which is highly adaptive and very flexible. All these make WordPress the number 1 CMS for websites.
- User-friendly backend: As compared to other content management system, WordPress provides the user with an extremely intuitive and user-friendly backend or administration panel. This serves as a great advantage if you are a beginner at running a website as with WordPress you will not have to juggle a lot of tasks like managing content, publishing blog posts, uploading media, etc. WordPress makes every aspect of running a website easy owing to its clutter-free, user-friendly and navigable dashboard.
- Consistency in Design: You have two options while designing your website. You can either choose the default WordPress theme or can purchase a premium theme. Once you have a theme set up, the same consistency will be ensured by WordPress throughout your website no matter how many web pages or blog posts you add.
- Woocommerce plugins: Woocomerce is a great plugin that provides you with features that help you design and develop an eCommerce website. You can flawlessly integrate this plugin into your WordPress website and once you have activated it, you can use it to build an eCommerce website.
- No editing or software required: WordPress does not require FTP like Filezilla or any HTML editing software to edit or delete the files from your website. Not even to upload or download images, videos, documents, files, etc.
- RSS feeds: WordPress comes with a default RSS feeds which makes it easier for the users to subscribe to your blogs. Hence it helps you to build a loyal database for your work/business. You can also customize your feeds to improve its functionality.
- Create customized categories: The structure is the most important thing for a website to run smoothly. With WordPress, you can create customized categories making it easier for readers and search engines to navigate your site. It also helps you to improve your SEO using the means of keywords that you can assign to each different category.
- Clean codes: Being an open source platform, WordPress emphasizes on following a standard of writing clean codes that help in reducing the risk of harmful codes on your website, which is spotted by Google could diversely affect the ranking of your site.
3. Strong Security Features
WordPress provides the most excellent security among all the CMS available. Since it is an open source, hackers are always on the lookout to get in. The community protects the security protocol as has made it one of the toughest in the industry. WordPress ensures your website’s safety and security from any unauthorized access, cyber crimes, hackers or more. There are certain other WordPress Security Practices that you can adapt to increase the security of your website.
- Airtight Security: WordPress takes definitive measures to secure your website that took you so much of hard work and labor to create by providing solid security measures to save the site from all harms. WordPress constantly keeps updating its security tools hence protecting your website from any unauthorized access. The powerful plugins also ensure airtight security.
- Strict monitoring for malware: The recent increase in malware and cybercrime activities have led to the fear in the minds of the users. The websites’ sudden crashing and slow performance hint at the presence of infected malware. In spite of this, WordPress provides the users some of the toughest security tools like Sucuri Security, AntiVirus that scans the website on a regular basis to spot any malware or spam links helping your website to stay out of security issues and scams.
- Strict Password Protection: WordPress as a CMS comes with an inbuilt password protection feature that is not included in many of the CMS websites out there. This feature ensures that your passwords are protected at all times hence reducing the links of malware, hacking or other cyber crimes.
- SSL certificates: SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer that is a standard security technology that helps to protect data like online banking transaction details or other personal user information from being intercepted by the hackers. It is important for any website to have SSL integrated with them and is considered a vital factor by Google. WordPress allows you to set up the SSL certification easily using a very simple SSL plugin.
4. SEO Benefits
SEO plays a major role in any website development system. WordPress is an SEO-friendly platform that offers its users a number of tools that helps to optimize posts and pages. This, in turn, makes your website all the more attractive and appealing to search engines. It highly enhances the chances of being discovered by the search engines.
- WordPress is highly preferred by Google: WordPress has all the three basic things that Google requires in a website. These include easy navigation, responsiveness, and optimized content. Its feature of being search-engine-friendly adds to the benefit.
- Can be used in any browser across any device: WordPress is not only restricted to the platform of a computer of just Google Chrome. It can be accessed as smoothly and effectively through any browser in any device including a mobile. WordPress has a variety of themes that are designed to be accessed across devices and browsers.
- URL Structure: One of the basic advantages of using WordPress is that this CMS automatically converts the URLs of the new posts on your website into ‘search-engine-friendly’ URLs which automatically helps the search searching engines to understand about your content, leading to improvement in ranking.
- Google Sitemaps: Sitemaps are intended to help the users with easy navigation for both site’s visitors and also for search engine robots. WordPress allows you to make a sitemap easily with the help of Google XML sitemaps plugin. This plugin helps to speed up the indexing of your site and assist in enhancing user experience.
5. Trouble-free Content Management
Managing the content on the website is the basic block of your website. However, just creating the right content is the beginning of your work. You will require a number of various tools and resources that can help you generate unique content and in this, WordPress helps you the most. It provides the user with a wide variety of impressive features and tools and also makes managing, creating and organizing the content effortlessly. It also helps you to inculcate various multimedia on your website that indulges and captures your readers or viewers.
- Reduces distractions: WordPress comes with a distraction-free writing mode that comes of great help to authors and content writers to write the matter without getting distracted or diverted helping them to create content that solely focuses on the matter.
- Automatically saves your work and draft: When you are working on WordPress, it automatically saves your work without you having to do it manually. So even if your system shuts down suddenly without warning, your work will be saved and kept as a draft hence saving your time, efforts and work.
- Publish with one-click and preview: WordPress allows you to preview your work before publishing it on your website so that you can understand the layout of your post and make necessary changes if required. It also allows you to publish your content with a single click.
- Split long content: WordPress has a feature wherein the content that you are going to post can be broke down and divided into various pages without you having to do it manually. This makes it easy for the viewers to keep a track to the writing and also helps to increase your page-views.
6. Social Media Features
There is no need to describe the role social media plays in enhancing and controlling the websites. It offers plenty of advantages to online business but the actual truth is that it requires a great deal of time and effort in order to circulate the news, making it a rather challenging task to perform. This is not the case with WordPress. With WordPress, you are already connected with the plugins by social media and sharing tools. If you want to enhance your site’s visibility and easily add in all your social media links then WordPress is the one you should opt for.
- Sharing across multiple platforms: With WordPress, you can easily share your blog post across various social media link with just one click. You will only need to install one plugin like Yoast SEO that allows you to enter content and publish it on all your social networking platforms.
- Scheduling your Post: WordPress allows you to schedule your social media posts too. The plugins like CoSchedule and Microblog Poster provides you the option to even bulk schedule a number of social media post for an entire week or month. This, in turn, helps you to save your time and increases work productivity.
- Social Bookmarking and sharing buttons: With tools like Shareaholic, you can easily assimilate social bookmarking and social sharing buttons under a single tab. This helps you in promoting your content to a wider audience and results in an increase in traffic to your site and improved ROI.
With all these being stated above, it becomes fairly clear why WordPress is undoubtedly the best and ideal CMS for any website requirement. Extending the facilities from providing a variety of plugins to endless themes to security, SEO, or social media features, WordPress proves itself to be a one-stop shop for the best tool to build your website with.
Hence, if you were thinking about why is WordPress considered as an ideal CMS or why should you opt for WordPress, we hope that you have found your answer and our reasons have been enough to state the benefits of using it to create your next blog or website.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.