ECommerce for toys and games is a different ball game altogether. Stores in this space require a different kind of aesthetics that truly brings out the child from everyone visiting them. If you plan to start your eCommerce venture with Shopify, I highly recommend some of the FREE and Premium Shopify themes that you must take a look at.
Here we go, with the list!
7 Shopify Themes, both FREE and Premium best suited for Toy stores
1. Minimal – [FREE]
Minimal is a FREE Shopify theme and is among the highest-rated FREE themes on the Shopify theme store. The developers of this theme have designed it to keep it minimal to focus on products. Officially supported by Shopify, the Minimal theme comes with FREE theme upgrades and customer support. Some of the prominent features of this theme include –
- Fully mobile responsive, and offers clean design options
- It comes in 3 distinctive styling options – Vintage, Fashion, and Modern and out of these three, the Vintage works best for Toy and Gaming stores
- Multiple-product and brand promotional spaces – multiple slide shows, home page video, product recommendations, etc.
- Drop down navigation, product image zoom, powerful product filters, etc.
- Optimized for search engines
2. Venture – [FREE]
The Venture is another FREE Shopify theme and is famous for being best suited for toys and sports-related eCommerce stores. Built for stores with medium to large product catalogs, Venture comes in 3 striking styling options – Snowboards, Outdoors and Boxing. Features of this theme include –
- Highly mobile responsive with clean design
- Supports multi-column menu with large images
- Supports slide shows and promotional banners
- Officially supported by Shopify and comes with FREE theme upgrades and support.
- SEO friendly design
3. Flex Theme
Flex is among the few Shopify themes that are a complete allrounder. It offers the best of store performance and features and great flexibility in-store designs – hence its name. Flex theme provides a wide range of design layouts and section options to help you build your Shopify store the way you want. It also provides the easy addition of custom CSS and comes with 13 unique style variants to give you ultimate control over your store’s look and feel. Striking features of Flex theme includes –
- Super mobile friendly with unlimited design possibilities
- Offers blazing speed performance
- It consists of 13 styles catering to different industry niches
- Offers complete control over your design – comes with four header and footer styles each, 3 product page layouts, mega menu and dropdowns, access to comprehensive icon library, and much more
- The developers of Flex theme offer a 14-day FREE trial
4. Plak Theme
Plak is a premium Shopify theme that aces in all aspects of running your eCommerce store – SEO, Performance, Conversion, Design flexibility. Plak theme is built to make your store a mean selling machine; the Plak theme caters to the needs of all niches across varied inventory sizes, except for single-product stores. Some of the reasons why Plak is popular among the top template out there include –
- Minimizes the usage of heavy Shopify apps for it comes integrated with over 30+ features – mega menu, countdown timer, exit & sales popups, Whatsapp & Messenger widgets, product upsell, size charts, blurry coupon, currency converter, product tabs, trust badges, shipping estimator quick view, inventory quantity, swatches and more.
- Clean, Flexible, and responsive design
- Best suited for a wide range of niches – Toy, Clothing, Accessories, Garden & tools, etc
- Supports lazy loading images (with over seven different effects)
- 2/3 section slide shows on the home page
- Supports responsive blog templates
- SEO friendly design
- Developers of Plak theme offer a 14-Day FREE trial on the theme
Boost is a premium Shopify theme that is specially developed for toy and kids store. Developed by Clean Canvas, Boost stresses enhancing the shopping experience with its clean and minimalistic design. Some of the other features include –
- Clean and responsive design
- It is bundled with three different styling options – Spark, Inspire and Flourish
- Among the Shopify themes that support Image Hotspot linking using with you can tag images by creating labels and attach each label
- Other features – predictive search, color swatches, custom promotional tiles, menu promotions, related products, etc.
If you are looking for a theme that is big on imagery, then Kingdom is the Shopify theme you should checkout. Designed by Krown theme, Kingdom is designed around a stylish signature sidebar. Kingdom comes in 3 styling options – King, Queen, and Prince, out of which Prince goes well for toy and related products.
Some other features include – versatile sidebar, grid-style layout, customer testimonials, quick link contact bar, story-focused product pages, optimized for large images, etc.
7. Toy Town
Toy Town Shopify theme helps you build a store with a distinctive flair of its own. This multipurpose theme is super friendly on the style variations you intend to offer to your store visitors. Exclusively built for kids and toy-related products, Toy town is a must-try. Features include –
- Fully mobile responsive design
- Exclusive kids-friendly fonts and graphics to help your store emanate a joyful mood
- Super flexible design – 3 home page layouts; theme modules include – category sidebar, unlimited banners, product slider module, deals countdown, shop by categories module, client testimonials, parallax module, blog module, gallery block, etc.
- Other unique theme features – AJAX cart, quick product view, product wishlist, powerful product filters, AJAX search, drag & drop section, etc.
- Supports multiple currencies and languages
- SEO friendly design
Nothing much to say, I suppose. Go big with your dream toy/kids store with Shopify!