We have been told that designing a Shopify store doesn’t need coding skills. It is valid to a certain extent, but not entirely. You can create a website using a Shopify template, but can you customize the storefront design without coding skills? I doubt that. But, the fair question to ask would be, How can I customize the design without touching the code? Page Builder can do this for you. Who doesn’t want a Drag-n-Drop way to design their Shopify Store. The “Hello World” knows that some don’t like to learn to code. Bad joke, but a good one I think 🙂
OK, so now what are my options with Page-Builders? Unlike other platforms like WordPress/WooCommerce, Shopify has some good 3-4 possibilities for Page Builders. But, I have tried a couple of them, and they are more than satisfactory. They are easy peasy to use and create some stunning page designs. These folks have made a noncoder’s life so easy. Once you have designed your store, don’t tell your friends, you created it using a page-builder. You deserve some showoff.
Do I need a Theme to use Shopify Page Builder?
Yes, you do.
Let me list some of the options (The only options ) you got concerning the page builder.
1. Shogun – Landing Page Builder
Shogun is one of the highly-rated Shopify Page Builder app available on the Shopify app store. Shogun lets you design your landing pages, product, and blog pages. Shogun has page builders for prominent eCom platforms – Shopify, ShopfiyPlus, BigCommerce & Magento. Let us take a look at some of the crucial features of this piece of cake app.
- It includes a powerful visual editor to create stunning designs on the go.
- Page optimization feature using its built-in A/B testing different page variants
- More than 30+ design templates to import
- Track store’s performance – Bounce rates, add to carts, sessions, form submissions using its analytics dashboard.
- Feature to manage multiple stores by syncing products, pages, and elements
- Professional 24/7 support
- Covers all page building blocks with robust page elements to design the storefront
- Mobile responsive elements
- SEO optimized with titles, meta-tags, and description
- Developer friendly
- User permission control
Our expert author has reviewed the Shogun landing page builder in detail. Do take a look.
Priced at $39/month with a 10-day free trial. No FREE plan available.
- Highly rated visual page-builder with a robust library of elements
- Store performance tracking feature
- Test and optimize our landing pages with A/B testing with Shogun
- Professionally pre-designed templates available
- Priced slightly on the higher side – priced at $39/month with a 10-day free trial.
2. PageFly – Landing Page Builder for Shopify
PageFly is a powerful drag-n-drop page builder designed for higher store conversions. PageFly does not need prior coding experience to conceive store pages.
- Bundled with 50+ high converting templates created by design experts
- Design store pages, homepage, blog posts, landing pages using PageFly. Designing product and collection pages require a separate paid add-on.
- Mobile responsive with pixel-perfect layouts
- Optimize SEO using direct in-page SEO tools
- FOMO effects
- Reuse designed templates with version history feature.
Basic plan priced at $19/month. FREE plan available
- A highly-rated app that covers all aspects of the store design.
- Bundled with highly professional design templates
- Lazy loading feature to optimize the store’s page load speed
- Design for high performance and conversions
- It’s Free to use, but the free plan isn’t sufficient enough
3. Gempages Shopify Page Builder
Gempages a Shopify drag-n-drop builder with 50+ essential page building elements to design websites to suit your business needs. Some of its vital features include,
- Use Gempage builder to build the entire store, not just the landing page, but also product, home, collection pages, etc.
- No coding skills required to design pages
- Fast and modern frontend editing system to give a convenient web developmental experience
- All device responsive
- Bundled with vast, ready to use template library
- Save and reuse the template feature.
- Customize pages using the custom code editor
Priced at $15/month with a 10-day free trial. No FREE plan available
- The most flexible page builder for Shopify
- The builder, designed to boost conversions and for high performance
- Reasonably priced Shopify App
- The support isn’t the quickest to respond to your queries
Azexo, a pixel-perfect Shopify Page builder claim to be FREE, but yea! There is always a catch when someone claims it to be free. It has two parts to it, basic and advanced features. Azexo stands out from the rest of them, concerning you can practically design your store with its free version unless you want a highly customized one. It doesn’t include pre-designed templates, which can be a pain for a reasonably new designer. Also, you can directly import designs done using Photoshop into to store. I feel this is still isn’t a very designer-friendly feature. Photoshop is a scary word for most of the new designers.
Some of its critical features include,
- Azexo, bundled with more than 100+ page elements. That should be enough to design a decent store layout.
- Design almost all essential pages of your store that includes collection and product pages.
- Visual composer to help design on the go
- SEO optimized and device responsive
Free plan available. Advanced Premium plan available at $19 per month.
- FREE plan available with a handful of page elements to use
- Layer Building feature available
- Header/Footer editor
- Some users have been complaining about their store’s performance drop after installing this application.
5. Hypervisual Landing Page Builder
The name, Hypervisual itself is so compelling, isn’t it? Hypervisual builder is a lightweight and straightforward builder with features to design a necessary storefront. It covers only simple and essential page building elements, which can be good and bad simultaneously—a good debatable topic.
Some of its features to look forward to are,
- Covers all aspects of designing a Shopify store – Product, Home, Collection, and Blog pages
- Limited page building elements. It can sometimes be, not enough
- SEO friendly and mobile responsive
- Clean and Professional coding
- Integrates with MailChimp or Klaviyo for list building
No FREE plan available. Priced at $9.95 with a 14-day free trial.
- Lightweight and built for high performance
- It’s a highly rated app with a rating of 4.9/5.0
- No A/B testing and performance tracking feature
- Limited features
6. Zipify Page Builder and Editor
Zipify, Shopify page builder & editor claim to be designed and created by the top 100 stores. Its uniquely built template library consists of already proven money-making landing pages, and sales funnel.
Some unique features of Zipify include,
- Powerful page builder with latest page building elements, updated regularly
- Proven lead generating, money making template library.
- Popular features include Countdown Timers, Opt-in Forms, Image Carousels & more.
- Easily customizable landing pages with no developer assistance
- SEO and Mobile optimized
- A/B testing feature to help optimize page performance
- Customizable Header and Footer layouts
- Quick and professional support
No FREE plan available. Basic plan priced at $67 per month, with 14 days FREE trial.
- It is a highly-rated and proven page builder, to help new store owners to help actions from day one
- Conversion friendly landing page templates
The list of these page builders will ease how you design pages, but the most critical aspect is how well you can make the builders’ best use. All four builders listed above more or less have similar features to make the best use out of it. All you need to decide is that you want the free ones or the premium ones—your life’s easy peasy decision. Cheers folks.