Shopify has completely transformed the way eCommerce business is done. It has made eCommerce so easy and efficient that anyone with the passion to WIN can start, build and grow his business in literally months, and there are success stories all around. Yes, Shopify is a boon, but what exactly is it and how has it changed the lives of many?
Commencing and running an eCommerce business isn’t easy. Without proper mentorship, the knowhow of the products to sell, the industry, the marketing techniques, brand building, etc, an eCommerce business can at times turn to be a disaster.
Fortunately, entrepreneurs who have struggled and later learned from their mistakes from running their eCommerce businesses are ready to share their experiences with others. Share them so that the mistakes are not repeated by the newcomers. They also share a word or two about being informed and motivated, which are the essentials to become a successful entrepreneur.
Our list of FREE training courses on Shopify includes such a setup, where industry leaders come forth to share their learning with you.
No matter whether you are serious about becoming an eCommerce entrepreneur or just want to learn about Shopify, these are some of the FREE, yes absolutely FREE Shopify training courses, which are delivered by Shopify experts, available in the market that you must try.
Top 3 FREE Shopify Training Courses – Includes Drop Shipping, Digital Marketing, and Others…
Shopify Academy [Highly Recommended]
Shopify.com offers comprehensive FREE Shopify training and business courses, the curriculum for which is developed by the big guns and though leaders of eCommerce space. The course is designed for anyone and everyone who seek to start their Shopify business today.
Since this course is offered by Shopify, I would recommend you to start building your business along with the path of the courses. You do not have to spend a dime if you intend to complete the course within probably next 10 days, because Shopify offers 14-day FREE trial, where you can learn and execute your eCommerce business while you level up each passing day. Yes! No credit card required.
This FREE Shopify training course is delivered on the go and upon registration, you get access to On-demand courses, live coaching calls, access to business template library, access to the community and more. For those who are serious about becoming Shopify entrepreneurs, this course is a MUST!
Objective/s of the Course
Learn A to Z of starting, building and growing your Shopify eCommerce Business
The course covers the following topics, which are essentials to run a successful Shopify business.
- Shopify Tutorial – In this part of the course, you will learn everything about getting started with Shopify. This section is delivered by Samantha Renée who would guide through the stages of setting up your first Shopify store, from designing your store to making your first sale.
- SEO for Beginners – Winning on search engines is probably the best thing that can happen to any online business because the traffic is targeted and is FREE. When you have your prospective customers coming in through search engines, your ROI is going up because your cost of customer acquisition is close to NIL.
But, how to get your customers from search engines? This is the question that would be answered in this section of the course. You would learn in detail from Casandra Campbell, an SEO connoisseur, the Importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and SEO techniques to execute on your Shopify store to get FREE traffic on to it.
- eCommerce Google Ads – Google Ads is a way to bring traffic to your Shopify store by placing advertisements either on search engine results or as banners on various websites or as a video on Youtube. In this section, Daniel Patricio details out strategies to attract the targeted traffic on to your store with the least spending.
- Instagram – Instagram is hot! Probably one of the highest converting traffic channels. Learn Instagram marketing in details from Gretta van Riel, the founder multi-million dollar eCommerce businesses including SkinnyMe Tea, the 5th and Dropbottle.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is one of the best ways to listen to your customers to keep them happy, which results in repeat sales. Repeat sale is the best thing that can happen to any business. Learn from Drew Sanocki, the CEO of AutoAnything.com, everything about growing eCommerce business with email marketing.
- Product Photography – In eCommerce powerful visuals means higher sales/conversion. Learn from Jeff Delacruz the art of taking compelling and persuasive product visuals. This section includes – Creative planning, $5 studio setup, camera settings and more.
- Ecommerce Website Design – Even with zero design experience and zero coding skills one can set up their Shopify store with ease. Learn from Stephan Peralta, a leading creative expert, about designing eCommerce stores that are mobile responsive, highly converting and complete.
- Beginner Facebook Ads – Facebook continues to be one of the most powerful marketing channels for it offers vibrant targeting tools, easy to understand analytics tools, ad creative support and more. Learn from Ezra Firestore, whose Shopify store makes over $60m in sales year on year, techniques to boost sales from Facebook and Instagram. This section of the course majorly covers – Customer acquisition advertising, targeting strategy, ad budgeting strategy, and creative development.
- Print-on-Demand – Print-on-demand is a business model where you print custom-branded products only upon receiving customer orders. This means to say that you do not have to spend a dime on holding inventory. Learn from Adrian Morrison, who has surpassed 7-figure in sales, everything about starting a Print on Demand business. This section of the course covers – Niche identification, custom artwork for non-artists, traffic generation and sales.
- Homemade Products – Want to turn your hobby into a business. In this section of the course, you will learn in detail about selling homemade products online successfully. Learn from Jaswant Kular, who runs a successful homemade kitchen product online store, the nuances of running an eCommerce store for such product line.
- Dropshipping – Do not have any product to sell? No problem. Dropshipping is here to take care of that. Dropshipping lets you sell products without holding any inventory or purchasing large quantities of product up-front. This is indeed the HOTTEST topic of Shopify eCommerce. Learn from Corey Ferreira, a serial entrepreneur, everything about fast-tracking your business with drop shipping. You will learn ways to find ideal products to sell, find the right audience, deliver exceptional customer service, scale and grow your business, etc.
- Advanced Facebook Ads – Cheats and advance strategies to scale up your business for higher ROI.
- What to Sell Online – Mastering the art of identifying products that sell.
- Marketing Strategy – Building marketing strategies for growth.
- Shipping & Fulfillment – Shipping and Fulfillment processes are keys to any eCommerce business. Learn in detail about how to handle them right for higher profits.
- Branding 101 – Building a brand as you mean it.
This course also includes – hands-on walkthroughs, stories, and insights from experts who have already walked the path, mentor-ship workshops for real-world application of the concepts.
The Ultimate Shopify Masterclass (By Kevin David)
Shopify dropshipping is probably one of the fastest ways to get started with your eCommerce business. When starting a Shopify business used to take at least weeks, dropshipping has brought that time down to days, if not hours. Yes hours and I am serious J
This course is for those who seek to kick off with their eCommerce business as soon as possible. The only thing that you have to overcome is the slack in your will and passion to succeed.
The course is crafted and delivered by Kevin David, an ardent internet marketer, and eCommerce expert. He is also a 7 figure eCommerce seller!
Objective/s of the Course
Learn about dropshipping and its integration with your Shopify store. In Kevin’s own words, this course imparts knowledge on how to create a successful Shopify store and start making money from home in your Pajamas!
Rigor to succeed, motivation to learn and good connectivity is all it takes to start with this Ninja course. Some of the important concepts that this course covers include –
- Understanding the concept of Dropshipping
- Selecting the right products to Dropship on Shopify
- Finding right Dropshipping suppliers
- Setting up a fully optimized Shopify store
- Driving traffic to your Shopify store
- Scaling your business
The only reason this course doesn’t make it to the top of my FREE Shopify training courses listing is that I felt it lacks a little depth. I had to Google some of the concepts independently. But that’s how learning should be, isn’t it?
How to become a Shopify Expert for FREE (by Webinopoly)
This tutorial is hosted on Udemy and is completely FREE for anyone and everyone to avail. This Shopify training course is intended at imparting knowledge to learners on starting a Shopify store.
This training is designed and administered by Moe Farhat, a well-known eCommerce consultant from the US. He has helped hundreds of his Shopify clients build winning eCommerce strategies.
Objective/s of the Course
This course is ideal for business owners and entrepreneurs who seek to understand the concept of Shopify and build their first eCommerce store.
All you need to have to make the best use of this course are – Good internet connectivity, a browser and great passion to learn and succeed.
Some of the salient features of this course include the following –
- What is Shopify and How to register with Shopify – Taking your first step!
- Understanding Shopify configuration and its backend
- Order processing within Shopify framework
- Adding products, tags, and categories
- Linking your registered Shopify store with your domain name
- Installation and Configuration of Shopify Apps
- Customer Management
- Selection and addition of a theme to your Shopify store
- Marketing basics
This course comes at 3rd in my list because it doesn’t cover in detail the marketing aspects of eCommerce. I feel it is vital because unless you bring targeted visitors to your Shopify store, sales are a distant reality. Also, the course doesn’t cover the most important eCommerce phenomenon i.e. Drop Shipping.
My Final Thoughts…
I have spent a good amount of money on learning the concept of Shopify from various courses. Although those courses were valued for money, I somewhere felt that I should have started with the FREE stuff, especially with the one that Shopify themselves offer i.e. Shopify Academy. I would highly recommend going in for mentorship with successful Shopify store owners, instead of spending hundreds and thousands of dollars.