Most of the Shopify store owners decide on what template they would want to use in their store after creating their Shopify account. Then they look for themes, primarily free ones that would suit their design style. Many would argue that it is the wrong way to get into Shopify without visualizing its design layout. We all do that, design layouts on the go, without realizing what we are getting into.
Debut Shopify theme is the first theme recommended by Shopify when you start designing your store layout. The best part, that its available for free to use.
The crucial question we need to answer is:
Does the Debut theme fit our store requirements?
Can I customize my store with the Debut theme?
Let me attempt to help you make your decision easier.
Thousands of Shopify stores have used this theme in their store, and I’m sure many have been successful in their eCommerce endeavor. Now, going back to the first paragraph of this article, the template you use primarily depends on your store’s requirements. If the Debut theme suits your needs, you have made your decision already, and its FREE 🙂
Now let us discuss what you can and cannot do with the Debut template.
Quick information on the Debut theme you need to know
- The debut theme is a stunning theme designed to brand your business and showcase your products professionally.
- It comes with two styles – Default & Light – Do take a look at them.
- It’s not a highly rated template, and it has its reasons. I will share them in a while
- Quick support & thorough documentation readily available
- I repeat, it is available for free.
You can stop reading this review if you are looking for one of these,
- Store with massive product listing
- Highly customized store (This is still a debatable point)
You can continue reading if,
- You are looking for a simple, sleek, clean, and professional storefront
- You are not looking for high-level customization.
- Your store has small catalogs.
Some critical features to expect from the Debut theme are (I don’t consider them as stand out features, but necessary features that all template should have – I repeat, it’s available for free),
- Predictive search and product recommendations
- Product Filteration on the collection page
- Customer testimonials and Slideshow
- Mobile and SEO friendly
- Free lifetime updates
Can I take a look at some of the stores using the Debut theme?
Hope this list will help,
Can I still customize my page layout using the Debut theme?
Oh, yea! Very much, you can. Either use Shopify page builders to design your page layouts or some bit of coding that can help you achieve any layout and designs you wish.
Can I use the Debut theme to design a storefront with a single product?
Yes, definitely. The Debut theme perfectly suits the purpose. To achieve this, use drag and drop Shopify page builders to redesign page layouts. If you feel the theme doesn’t fit in, try other free themes made for a store with single products.
Does the Debut theme support drop-shipping?
Yes, of course, you can. Dropshipping has nothing to do with the template you use. You can install any dropshipping app to make your store dropshipping friendly. Just use there dropshipping management Shopify apps to make your store a high converting machine.
Can I completely customize the header and footer of my store with the debut theme?
With the Debut theme, you cannot, but a few code changes can help you achieve this.
Can I be successful with Shopify – while using the Debut theme?
You should know the answer 🙂 Many have, and many will be in the future. It’s not the template that decides your success, but your will does.
Some final words, don’t miss it
Debut theme can and has done wonders for many store owners out there. All you need to know is how to make the best use of this theme and other apps to convert it into a money-making store. I leave you with two inspiring comments I read about the Debut theme by its users.
Do write to me if you decide to go with the Debut theme and share your designing experiences.
Debut Shopify Theme
It's not the best free Shopify theme out there, but it has in it all to make a great store. If you are starting with Shopify, you might as well give it a try. Not the best, but a beginner-friendly theme, and I repeat, it's FREE.
- It's FREE
- Perfect theme if you are starting new
- Clean & Professional Design
- Perfectly suited for a small catalog store
- SEO & Mobile friendly Design
- Rigidness towards customization
- Need to install additional apps to suit marketing needs
- Header & Footer Design
Design & Layouts options
Value for Money. No Monies, its FREE
Support & Documentation