What is PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification?
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is the second of the two qualifications in the PRINCE2 certification series. A candidate has to pass this exam to become a Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. While PRINCE2 Foundation qualification one’s expertise is developed more into understanding PRINCE2 principles, terminologies etc. PRINCE2 Practitioner certification delves into running and managing of projects within PRINCE2 environment. The purpose of PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is to confirm whether the aspirant has achieved adequate understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 principles in a real life project scenario. With PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification, a project management professional can expect to gain a comprehensive understanding of the associations between PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes.
Who should take PRINCE® Practitioner Certification?
PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is ideal for aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant for professionals who are directly or indirectly involved in Projects such as – Project Broad Members, Team Managers/Leaders, Product Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Program Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, PMO Staff etc
Who can take up PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification Exam? Eligibility Criteria!
There are multiple ways to qualify for PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification exam. One must provide proof of having passed any one of the following qualification –
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Certified Associate In Project Management (CAPM®)
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
What is the format of PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification Exam?
- Objective testing
- Total of 80 questions – Classified across 8 main questions each with 10 sub questions
- Each question carries 1 marks
- Passing percentage is 55% i.e. a total of 44 questions off the 80 are to be answered correctly
- Exam duration – 2 and ½ hours or 150 min
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
Reviewed by ProQuotient on
Rating: 8.0 out of 10\