What is PMI-ACP® Certification?
PMI-ACP® or PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner is a certification offered by Project Management Institute (PMI)® that formally recognizes an aspirant’s knowledge of agile methodology and principles and his expertise in agile techniques. PMI-ACP® certification encompasses many of widely used agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming, Scrum, Kanban and Test Driven Development. A certified PMI-ACP® professional brings into a project, greater versatility and confidence in executing agile projects successfully.
Who should apply for PMI-ACP® Certification?
PMI-ACP® certification is ideal for professional who seek to enhance their expertise in agile practices and methodologies in addition to gaining hands on experience in real world projects. This certification is best for project leaders who are periodically interacting with their agile teams in executing projects; who are majorly responsible to induce right agile practices into their development teams; who are constantly tracking the project developments on a daily basis and course correct when there are deviations to the plan. All in all, it is ideal for team leaders and developers who want to move into agile way of executing projects.
Eligibility/Prerequisites to take up PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner Exam
PMI® has mandated the following eligibility criteria for aspirants of PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner Certification exam.
- Candidate should have atleast secondary degree
- Candidate should have 2000 hours of working experience in general project management gained over the last 5 years
- Candidate should possess at least 1,500 hours of working experience on agile projects in last three years
How to become PMI®-Agile Certified Practitioner? – Process
- Take necessary training – To qualify to take up PMI-ACP® certification exam, a candidate must gather a minimum of 21 PDUs or Professional Development Units through formal training in Agile project philosophy, methodologies, principles and practices. Before getting training make sure you receive PDUs from training vendors/academies/companies etc.
- Submit the application – Apply for your exam with PMI® along with all required documents towards PDUs, education and work experience for review.
- Make Payment and Schedule the Exam – Make payment to PMI® – Exam and Membership fees and schedule the exam.
- Take the exam – On the exam date, visit the Prometric Testing Center where you have scheduled to take up the exam and give computer based PMI-ACP® certification exam. Prometric Testing Center located across various locations around the globe.
- Earn PMI-ACP® – Once you successfully pass the PMI-ACP® certification exam your name will appear in the PMI Online Certification registry. Additionally, you will also receive a package containing your certificate and information on how to uphold your certification.
What is the exam pattern of PMI-ACP® Certification exam?
PMI-ACP® exam consists of a total of 120 multiple choice questions out of which 100 questions are scored while the rest are un-scored ones. 20 of these Un-scoring questions will be placed randomly placed throughout the exam and cannot be differentiated. The exam duration of PMI-ACP® certification exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes.
What is the exam fee for PMI-ACP® Certification?
- For PMI Members – USD 435.00
- For Non-PMI Members – USD 495.00