You may be just trying to test your new project or planning to start a new blog. The best way to get started would be by choosing one among the affordable hosting plans. However, before you spend some money, you may want to get hang of things without spending a dime.
This is definitely possible (not advised) through free best blogging sites. While they come with their own set of disadvantages, their biggest pro is that they’re free. This is perfect for someone who is not confident about the project or is very new to the system of building websites. These free blogging websites also provide free hosting for your website.
Even in this space, there are plenty of options. In this blog, we will explore the best 5 free blogging platforms which allow you to start a website with zero investment.
Top 5 Best Free blogging sites
WordPress is that one free blogging platform which has stood the test of time. It has remained to be the most popular free blogging platform over the years. Thousands of bloggers got started with blogging because of the ease of WordPress blogging.
WordPress is now the most widely used content management system. More than 31% of the websites on the internet is powered by WordPress. It is powered by a simple and easy to use interface. One can get started by creating an account and choosing a domain name. Here some features which make this free blogging platform special.
- WordPress has it’s own large user base which can be a potential traffic source
- Best in class support even with the free package
- Huge collection of free themes and plugins
- Be it a blog or an e-Commerce website. You can create any type of website using this Platform.
- WordPress blogs are compatible with all devices giving it a boast when it comes cross-device SEO
- Comes with a custom editor providing a provision for customization
Wix is a web development company which was founded 12 years ago in 2006. They became popular with their free drag and drop blogging platform, Wix.com. They became popular because their blogs had a design-centric approach. One could easily create nice looking blogs just by using their free drag and drop website builder.
From a normal blogger to artists, everyone joined the Wix bandwagon because Wix blogs had a visual appeal. They even have free plans which make them one of the best free blogging sites. Let us take a dive into the features they provide. They also have a healthy user base of 120 million.
- You can easily create your website from your mobile. You do not even need a laptop/ PC to get started!
- Easily implement to GDPR policy with the tools provided by Wix
- One can integrate E-commerce into their blogs using the Wix stores feature
- With the Wix Mobile App, E-commerce store owners can track and manage orders on the go
- Integrate multiple payment methods to your Wix store
- Easily add, edit and manage all the blogs using Wix Blog
- Comes with an online logo maker
- Integrate all your social media channels with ease
Weebly is focused on providing minimalistic blogs catering to all types of bloggers. They have grown to over 50 million customers since they launched in, 2006. Weebly also provides free plans to help new bloggers get a start. Weebly is powered by an easy to use interface which allows non-coders to start a blog.
It comes with a wide set of free templates to choose from. It has some more exciting features as described below:
- Comes with a simple drag and drop editor which makes website building easy for a novice
- Easily add elements like text, images, slideshow etc to enhance your blog
- Convert your blog into an e-commerce website with easy integrations of a shopping cart and secure checkouts
- Edit your blog or E-commerce website on the go with the Weebly Mobile App
- Design beautiful layouts with professionally built templates
- Optimize your content for organic search with a host of SEO features
If you have not heard of Blogger.com, you have probably been living under the rock or not ventured into the online world. Blogger.com is a free blogging service offered by none other than Google. It is among the oldest and the most popular free blogging websites.
Here some key features it offers:
- The easiest way to get started with a blog, simple interface with minimal settings
- As this is a Google product, you can monetize your blog through AdSense
- Integrate other Google Tools like Google analytics, Google tag manager etc.
- Dashboard to monitor visitor data and other useful information
- Higher search visibility because of the very high domain Authority
- A Large community that can be an additional traffic source
If you are looking for a new age free blogging platform then Medium.com is the best bet. It gained popularity for its ease of use and beautiful design templates. A lot of companies have shifted from their website blogs and started blogging on Medium. Medium boasts of 50 million visits from across the globe.
Here some features which make this blogging platform popular.
- If you have been blogging and have content on other platforms, you can easily import it on to Medium platform using their import tool
- The medium has their own built-in audience which adds an additional traffic boost to your blog
- The medium provides visitors with ways and means to engage with your content. The same data is shared with you.
- Large websites see Medium as an authentic source. If your content is of high quality, you could get featured by the big blogs.
- Start blogging without having a domain name or a website
- The medium does not serve ads, this is a big plus if you are trying to build a following
- You do not have to design anything, just keep writing content as you would do in the case offline content
These are some of the best free blogging platforms in 2019. This space witnesses new entrants every month, we will keep this list updated and expand with more platforms as and when we get a chance to use them. Until we add the next 5 to the list, keep reading Proquotient and increase your IQ! (Internet Quotient)