What is Python?
Python is a programming language, created by Guido Van Rossum, that is interpreted and object oriented with dynamic syntax, which is clear and with emphasis on easy readability. Its data structure is built in and has dynamic typing and binding making it highly suitable for Rapid Action Development and can be used to link together existing components.
The language supports packages and module that allows modularity in a program and improves its flexibility and acceptance. It also encourages the reuse of codes, reducing the work required in building modules.
The extensive library and interpreter can be freely distributed and are available free of cost for use with all platforms. It is relatively easy to learn and can be interpreted in most operating systems, be it Mac OS, Windows, MS DOS, OS-2 or UNIX operating systems. The source code is freely available and open to modifications by C+ or C++ and use by all.
For the cross-section of cricket fans and data science enthusiasts, it’s interesting to know that the scoreboard of the Melbourne Cricket Ground is made in Python.
What are the advantages of learning Python programming?
Of all the many advantages of Python, here are some prominent ones:
- Readability: The Python syntax is clear and readable because of the way it is organized. Experts and newbies can easily understand the code.
- Easy to Code: There are many tasks other languages require that can be skipped when coding in Python. You can even embed a C code as a complied module extension.
- Productivity: Programmers get addicted to Python because it helps to increase productivity. The build-test-debug cycle is fast and easy. The interpreter raises and exception when it finds an error, simplifying the process.
- Reusable: Implementing modules and packages makes the program reusable. You can break the program into modules and use them as separate components for other programs.
- Portable: Besides the ability to run on different systems, the interface on these varied systems is also very similar. For example, you can write a Python program in Linux, test it in Windows and run it on a Mac.
- Support: The online Python community is very helpful. As its an open source language, programmers all over the world work in unison to find bugs and share their findings with the whole community, making it easier for you to make a program, bug-free.
What are the benefits of being a Python Programmer?
Quick Learning Curve: Learning Python is quick and easy because of the simple source code. I’d say, it was built with beginners in mind, but with expertise as an output.
Stepping Stone: Python is your first step into the programming world. It creates a solid base for you because its methodologies are usable in a range of applications.
Raspberry Pi: Python is the main programming language of Raspberry Pi, a mini computer used for a number of D-I-Y programs, such as video games, remote controlled vehicles and robots.
On-line: Python is the language in which the open source web application Django is written. It is the backbone of popular websites such as Instagram, Bit Bucket, Pinterest and New York Times, to name a few.
Money: The bottom line is making money. Python, since 2013, has had the biggest year-on-year growth in employer demand at 19% annually.
Who should take Python training?
There are no perquisites to learning Python. So if you are new to analytics and want to take up this course, you’re eligible. Though a minimum statistical background is helpful, most python courses include a module on statistics to bring you up to speed.
If you plan on making applications, working on the web or on Raspberry Pi, besides a host of other data science related activities; Python is the language you need to know.
[rating itemreviewed=”Data science with Python Certification Information” rating=”8.0″ reviewer=”ProQuotient” dtreviewed=”2016-11-19″ best=”10″ worst=”0″][/rating]