What is CISA Certification All About?
Certified Information Systems Auditor or CISA is globally recognized certification governed by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) and is offered to IT security professionals. This qualification demonstrates an IT security professional’s knowledge, skills and expertise in managing vulnerabilities, establishing control and ensuring compliance within an establishment’s IT systems.
Who should take CISA Certification?
CISA qualification is ideal for IT professionals who look forward to demonstrate expertise in audit, control, monitoring and assessing of security for information and business systems –
- IT Security Consultants
- Information Systems and Networking Professionals
- Compliance and Audit Professionals
- Risk Auditors and Security Managers Etc.
What are the benefits of being CISA Certified Professional?
Benefits of becoming a CISA certified professional are plenty – Here is the list of some of important ones
- A certified professional confirms knowledge, expertise and work experience in the field of IT Security
- Confirming knowledge as mentioned in the earlier point offers credibility to your resume owing to which you can demand in the eyes of potential recruiters, while you demand for higher salaries
- Gain competitive advantage over your non-certified peers within and outside your organization
- Be accepted globally, across organizations and geographies, since CISA is a globally recognized qualification
- Give your organization a certification for IT assurance that is renowned and recognized by multinational clients, lending credibility to the organization
- Exhibit capability in 5 domains governed by ISACA that include – Process of Auditing Information Systems; Governance & Management of Information technology & Systems; Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation; Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support; and Protection of Information Assets
- A CISA certified professional is required to comply with the highest professional standards set by ISACA’s. This adherence provides way for the professionals’ continuing education and ethical conduct
How to become a CISA Certified Professional? – The Procedure
To be a CISA certified a candidate should meet the following requirements set by ISACA. List of requirements –
- Candidate must successfully pass the CISA Certification Exam
- Submit application for CISA certification
- Certified candidates are required to adhere to the Code of Professional Ethics governed by ISACA
- Certified candidates are required to comply with the objectives of the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Program
- Compliance with the Information Systems Auditing Standards
Read more on all the above requirement in ISACA Website